Routes we rode:
- Burlington to Alburgh
- Alburgh to Montreal
- Montreal to Trois-Rivieres
- Trois-Rivieres to Portneuf
- Portneuf to Quebec City
Spots we loved:
- Best Western Windjammer
- Earl’s Bike Shop
- Notre Dame Basilica
- Montreal Tam-tams
- Hotel Governeur and their in-room massages!
- Musée québécois de culture populaire
- Laferté Bicycles
- Ghost Tours of Quebec
- Montmorency Falls
- Via Rail
Things we learned:
- Even when at the airport with more than enough time, it’s possible to miss your flight.
- Purchasing expensive, untested cycling technology right before a tour will surely cause frustration.
- You will always bike more than you anticipated for that day.
- Terror + Ice Cream can be adequate fuel for about 90 miles
- Laundry stops are critical.
- Have a Plan B. And a Plan C.
- Celine Dion is like, seriously popular in Quebec.
Quotes we quoth:
- “Run Laura! Run like the wind!”
- “On today’s episode of Dawn and Laura bite off more than they can chew…”
- [Gazing upon fields of corn as far as the eye can see]: “This is really beautiful. But it’s also going to be really terrifying after dark.”
- “If we get murdered in our sleep tonight, I’m sorry, it’s all my fault.”
- “I don’t understand it. Forty-eight hours of air drying our wash and the only difference is that now they smell bad again.”